Email:

Please feel free to email me with any questions/ comments/ ideas that you may have @ bhutchinson401@gmail.com

[[Views]]

6.18.2012

Welcome to Motherhood Monday!

First off, GOOD MORNING...and Happy Monday....even if you aren't so happy about it being Monday! Haha. Me and Monday usually get a long okay....but sometimes, like this morning, I wanted to stay tucked in my cozy bed and SLEEP. I never get to do that. EVER.

First, let me give you a little re-cap of my weekend! Canyon and I put together a little booklet/craft for his daddy (for Father's Day) and if you have never done anything like what I am about to tell you with your kids, YOU SHOULD. It is hilarious.

We created a booklet  "ALL ABOUT DAD" and we answered questions about Dale and Canyon drew pictures and we had a great time...Some of the answers he gave me, I laughed so hard, I had tears in my eyes. It's funny because MOST of the things kids say when you ask them a question is DEAD ON. That makes it sooooo much more meaningful.

 *Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!*


Anyhoo, my child makes me laugh CONSTANTLY. He takes after me in soooo many ways but he also takes after Dale A LOT! He has the perfect little personality. He is so alert and smart and he isn't afraid of anything really...that scares the hell out of me.



Today, I want to discuss kids and EATING. Sometimes, Canyon eats GREAT...other times he barely eats a thing allllllll day. This is NORMAL. Every parent fears that their child isn't eating enough... Coming from the mom that freaks the hell out about EVERYTHING, I will tell you, this is not a major concern...UNLESS, he/she is going days, etc. and also acting funny, then...GO TO THE DOCTOR. I took Canyon to the doctor for not eating. His doctor (who was also my doctor until a few years ago) chuckled and said, "He is fine. Kids will eat when they are hungry." I didn't like hearing this because I knew what that meant....my routine is forever gone. Haha. I am OCD.


Canyon would not eat whatever meal I had prepared while D & I were eating but I can guarantee that 30-45 minutes when we were finished, he was saying..."Momma, I hun-dree." Of course you are.


After about a year of this, Canyon was FOUR and I decided, that's it....he will eat at meal times. And, he has done greatttttt with it. At five years old, he eats healthy...almost all of the time and he can put away some food when he has his mind on it. My child also love water which I think is phenomenal. I love this about being a parent. He doesn't rely on juice or SODA, at all. He like water...and capri suns on occasion.

Dale and I have done a great job thus far raising our child and although I know we have many more challenges ahead, I am confident that we will overcome whatever battles we must face and Canyon will turn out to be an incredible young man.


Now, let me leave you with a few thoughts....


XOXO!
-B



No comments:

Post a Comment