Email:

Please feel free to email me with any questions/ comments/ ideas that you may have @ bhutchinson401@gmail.com

[[Views]]

9.28.2011

Southern...With A LittLe..{p.e.c.a.n}

Coffee= L.oV.E in my house. :)


When I was little, I was a complete daddy's girl. I wanted to do everything my dad was doing. (One year for Easter, I slept in my parent's bedroom, and my dad's alarm clock fell off the nightstand into my Easter basket. I flipped out yelling, "Look daddy, I got a clock just like yours." Needless to say, he had to buy a new clock.)
Hmm, oh yeah…daddy’s girl.

So, my dad drank coffee every morning when I was growing up (& still does).
Well, I assumed that I should have coffee with him. ;)
{Insert COFFEE-MILK.}
If you are a parent—who drinks coffee, you probably know EXACTLY what I am talking about. If not, let me explain.

You put a TOUCH of coffee, a little sugar, and the rest milk.
Kids are clueless, but satisfied.
P.S. Go easy on the sugar or your kid will be a maniac in Target....like mine--after my dad fixed his coffee-milk...and he definitely didn't go easy on the sugar.

My whole point is...I started my addiction to coffee...EARLY in life, but it has stuck with me. And, I am glad it did. Drinking coffee is an outlet for me. In addition to helping me survive daily, it helps bring me back to my childhood and my relationship with my dad.

I drink coffee to start my day, to recharge after a long day, or even to just simply enjoy a few moments alone when it’s cold outside (which is hard to do with an exteremely ACTIVE four-year-old kiddo). Coffee makes me happy. There’s just something about it that makes my heart feel cozy and makes me feel completely calm.

I don’t care if it is brewed at home, or if I swing by a coffee shop, it’s wonderful.

I recently found a new coffee to be addicted to and it is so yumm-o.

PJ’S Coffee: SOUTHERN PECAN.
Oh. Heavens! It is DE-light-FUL!

I had no idea that there was a PJ’S in Baton Rouge, LA until recently. So, I am particularly enthusiastic about this BLOG.

If you haven’t been to PJ’S Coffee, you are missing out on something brilliant. Their history, culture, and flavor are to die for. Really.

Here’s some history:

The French introduced Coffee to New Orleans, LA in 1720.

PJ’s adds culture to coffee. They travel the globe to hand-select the FINEST coffee beans—from Sumatra to Ethiopia, from Colombia to Kenya.

The “PJ” stands for Phyllis Jordan: Founder. Her idea: to create unique coffee blends.

In my opinion, mission ACCOMPLISHED.
I keep going back to one word. CULTURE.

When I think about culture, in Louisiana, I think of New Orleans.

Everything about New Orleans screams culture.

Well, guess what? PJ’S roasts all their coffee in New Orleans, and it goes to each consumer straight from the roasting facility to a PJ’S store.

That makes me excited. I feel like I want to drink PJ’S coffee even more now because I feel like I get to experience a little New Orleans in every cup.

I am pretty passionate about this. I get excited over the little things in life.

Coffee is a little thing that plays a BIG role in my life.

So, knowing I can go enjoy a cup of coffee at PJ’S in Baton Rouge, or buy some beans to brew at home, makes me look forward to having some “ME” time.

Don’t have time to go enjoy the insanely comfortable atmosphere at PJ’S?
Not to worry.
Check out their website at: www.pjscoffee.com
You can order all their products online. #timesavingmomma (tip#2)

Want to hear a STEAL of a DEAL?

Like Iced Coffee? Want to buy a kit?
PJ’S on Essen Lane has them. Yep, that’s right.

………..AND, for ONLY $59.99.


STOP BY PJ’S @ 5565 ESSEN LANE and see what all the FUSS is about. :)


TOMORROW is NATIONAL COFFEE DAY!

Be sure to visit PJ’S New Orleans Facebook Page (click the link below) & print your coupon.
The coupon can be used at ANY PJ’S location folks!

So, print it and go use it at the ESSEN LANE location! I know, I will.

http://www.facebook.com/pjscoffee?ref=ts&sk=app_179209908797391#!/pjscoffee?sk=wall




No comments:

Post a Comment