Email:

Please feel free to email me with any questions/ comments/ ideas that you may have @ bhutchinson401@gmail.com

[[Views]]

9.13.2011

Someone Say..UNCLE.

So, Friday was, once again, SHOW-N-TELL for Canyon.

We had the letter "U" this week.

Now, like "I", there are limited options for a four-year-old to bring to school for show-n-tell that start with "U"....

Umbrella?  NO!

Ummm....what else?

Underwear? Right.

Uniform? BORING.

So, we decided to go with UNCLE.

Now, since neither my brother nor Dale's brother could make it to school for show-n-tell...I dug through boxes of pictures only to find that ALL of my pictures of Canyon with either of his uncles are on my computer.

With no time to print one, we asked Dale's mom for a picture of Uncle M* for him to bring to school. After a quick review of what to say, I placed the picture in his book sack and went to work.

Now, for you to truly grasp why we picked U-N-C-L-E....I should probably give you a little background information.

Uncle M* is Dale's brother and one of Canyon's favorite people in the world.

I am not exaggerating.

He loves everyone, but there is something about Uncle M* that Canyon just cannot get enough of. 

Sometimes I wonder what it could be that makes him so special.

I'll never know...

And, then, there's Uncle T (my brother). He's twenty-one and has the ability to act Canyon's age. It's truly amazing. ;) Kidding!


Honestly, I couldn't ask for my son to have two uncles better than M* and T.

He’s so blessed that he will have two uncles cheering for him at his games- just like last Saturday at his SOCCER game—both were there...(Uncle M* even had a sprained ankle and hobbled over on crutches) and Canyon couldn't have been happier. The smile on that kid's face makes everything you do....worth it.

He will have TWO uncles teaching him all about life and girls (lucky me).

And, most of all, he will have TWO uncles that will be there for him throughout his life for support, advice, or whatever else my child might need. That's how I know I am blessed-- because, my child has an amazing family that LOVES him more than anything.

Uncle. I’m glad we picked that for “U.” :

Needless to say, with my child's personality--his teacher tells me that his SHOW-N-TELL'S are HILARIOUS--and I believe it. He remembers everything. It's a blessing and a curse. HA!





Now, Soccer? WOW. That was interesting. My child scored three goals. YES, three—Two were in the wrong goal, but we’ll take them anyway. Canyon had a BLAST and played almost the entire game because some of the other kids were just tired.

He’s a trooper and I am extremely proud of him.

We still have to work with him a little to help him understand that in four-year-old soccer there is just NOT a goalie. HA!

Pictures:


I'm officially a S-O-C-C-E-R MOM &  I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment