Email:

Please feel free to email me with any questions/ comments/ ideas that you may have @ bhutchinson401@gmail.com

[[Views]]

9.08.2011

Cooking With....Canyon? DEFINITELY.

Good Morning Readers,

Here's what I am thinking...

Julie Child said, "Nothing is too much trouble if it turns out the way it should." That's how I feel about cooking, and my life. Cooking, for me, is a stress reliever. It helps me to take a step back, relax, and think. Showing my son that being in the kitchen is fun is important to me.

And...

Canyon LOVES to help me in the kitchen. Odd? Nope. Not to my family, at least. I've been teaching Canyon all about the kitchen since he was itty bitty. We make cookies/cake for all holidays. He gets to help with this, and he is free to decorate (use your imagination--crazy!). I love, love, love to cook. Baking is fun too, but I'm definitely not the BEST at it. I do, however, bake all of Canyon's birthday cakes and I will continue to do so. I'll do the same when I have more kiddos. They actually haven't turned out THAT bad...(pictures coming soon)... :)


Back to the kitchen....


Anything I will let Canyon do, he is eager to do it.... I normally give him easy tasks--like stirring something in a bowl or pouring in ingredients...


But, now that he is getting older, I think it's time to give him some more things to do.


So, Canyon and I are going to be creating a few, kid-friendly (HEALTHY) recipes. This is going to be blogged for the next 3-4 entries, in addition to some other crazy, fun stuff I have planned. I am going to come up with/research a recipe, and teach Canyon how to help me make it.
Sound simple?


Think again. My child is WILD.


He cooks like his mommy ( I MAKE HUGE MESSES when I cook--My mom calls me Julia Child), and he is not very even-temperd (he gets that from his daddy....shhhh). He gets soooo mad when he messes something up--(while cooking or anything else for that matter). He is OCD in a way. He likes things the way he likes them...I wonder where he gets that part from...HA!

So, get ready boys and girls...we're going to have some FUN in the kitchen...


And, then... you can share it with your kids.


Pictures will be included, of course. :)

Soccer Update: Canyon's first game is Saturday--this should be INTERESTING to say the least. He's been practicing and isn't half bad. I have no clue how he will react to the actual game, but...I just hope he has fun. That is all I am really worried about.

There are some fun and exciting things in the works...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment