Email:

Please feel free to email me with any questions/ comments/ ideas that you may have @ bhutchinson401@gmail.com

[[Views]]

7.26.2012

Chick-fil-A VS. The Gay Community (My Opinion)



Okay, today I am sharing a PERSONAL opinion. If you don't like what I have to say, there's a button at the top, right of the screen (a red "X"), hit it and you shall be relieved of your reading duties.

My news feed on Facebook has be BLOWING UP with information about Chick-Fil-A.

Why? Because EVERYONE has a freaking opinion, which I find to be absolutely hilarious.

Now, before I got into my little rant, let me say this:

Race, religion, weight, hair color, OR SEXUAL PREFERENCE ...it doesn't freaking matter to me. If I like you as an OVERALL PERSON, then...well, I like you. Every person is put on this earth to live THEIR life--and it's extremely sad to me that no one is able to do that without judgment.

There are so many judgmental people on this earth that it has come to be quite fascinating.

When did everyone assume they have the right to judge others?

Don't get me wrong, I sin. Everyone does. EVEN THE MOST PERFECT PERSON SINS.

It's life. But, I can tell you this....I don't sit around worrying myself with other people's lives. I have my own life to live, my own shit to deal with. I don't have the TIME or energy to judge what someone else is doing with their life. Take that how you want.

I am a Christian. I love God. I believe that when the time comes for me to go, I will go to Heaven. I have my OWN type of relationship with God. He and I, we do alright together. I pray, DAILY. I also talk to God as if he were sitting next to me (which I like to think he is)...I talk to him mostly in the car. And you know what? I am a good person. I make decision in my life to better myself. I know that God loves me UNCONDITIONALLY. That's my story. That's my way of doing things. No, I don't go to church every Sunday. And, honestly, most of you probably wouldn't be able to handle my opinion on church. So, I'll save that one for later.

My point is, only YOU can know and be secure in your relationship with God. And you know what?

If I was gay, my relationship with God wouldn't change ONE BIT. I know what the Bible says, I've read it. It's also 2012 people. And I also know that I wouldn't stop eating at a restaurant because they didn't support my lifestyle. That-to me- is childish. I know people who say "I can't eat at Chick-fil-A because they don't support gay marriage" THINK they are making a difference, but I can tell you, you really aren't.

I'm a single mother. I had a baby and I wasn't married. I know what it's like to be judged. But....it's life. I don't get all pissed off about it and start freaking out. I hold my head up and I continue to stay PROUD of the fact that I have an incredible son who loves me. If Chick-fil-A all of a sudden started saying they didn't support single parents, I wouldn't stop eating there. I like their freaking chicken sandwich and so does my kid. It's food people. If I like it, I'm eating it. End of story. Plus, it's not like they freaking stand at the door saying, "We don't like gay people." Get real. They are friendly to every single person that comes in and they serve every single person the same. There are no judgmental looks or harsh words. The company, as a whole, has a right to believe/support what they want.

Just like YOU have the right to believe/support what YOU want.

No matter what happens, Chick-fil-A will not change how they do things. Just like they CHOOSE to be closed on Sunday's. They gladly pay a fine for that. That's their choice. Give them a break. They keep being thrust into the spotlight for what they believe. That's just not right, in my opinion. They don't support gay marriage. Big deal! There are sooooo many people/companies in the world that don't. Why do we have to keep making it a big issue over and over?

I know that people don't choose to be gay; it's a way of life. I get it. I love gay people. I have absolutely no opinion about their lives. It's who they are. But, I also don't have an opinion about straight people either. The media has a way of getting people all bent out of shape over OLD news when they have nothing else to report-which is the case here. Chick-Fil-A doesn't support gay marriage. That's just a fact.

I don't agree with the media lashing out at Chick-fil-A....just like I don't agree with the media lashing out at gay people. I think gay marriage should be legalized. What does it really hurt? I mean, come ONNNNN.... people. This argument is getting OLD. Everyone should have the right to choose who they marry. Right? YES. Simple as that.

If everyone would stop worrying SO much about things like this, we might have a chance to rescue our ever-failing economy and worry about more important worldly things. The level of importance on these types of things is completely BACKWARDS. It disgusts me.

There are so many points I could argue...but the facts are there:

Chick-fil-A supports "“the biblical definition of the family unit.” (Which can mean SO many things!)

Gay people are pissed.

I like Chick-fil-A and I like gay people.

Let's move on.

XOXO,

B




2 comments:

  1. I live in Portland, OR and we used to have a Chik-fil-A on my ultra-liberal college campus in northern Washington State. No bueno--people were so mad! Protests, picketing, glaring at patrons... They must have never eaten there because once you take that first bite of Chik-fil-A sauce that stuff is like crack.

    Unfortunately it shut down and now the nearest Chik-fil-A is in San Diego. Good for my waistline but man-oh-man what I wouldn't do for some dang Chik-fil-A some days! Oh, and I lova gay people too--and I have gay friends who eat there which is the funniest bit of this controversy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try out this recipe I found on my favorite website ever, PINTEREST!!!! Haha

    http://pinterest.com/pin/267893877805156481/

    I haven't tried it yet...but I plan to soon! It just might take care of that craving for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete