Email:

Please feel free to email me with any questions/ comments/ ideas that you may have @ bhutchinson401@gmail.com

[[Views]]

10.07.2011

RELAX? What's that mean?

Do you work full-time or part-time?
What do you do when you get home from work?
I play SUPER mom. :)
I work full-time.
I love my job but sometimes, I'll admit--It's HARD.
I don't like to leave my child. Ever. I don't even like to go the gym during the week because I feel so guilty.
Some parents have no problem leaving their children. And they do it ALL THE TIME.
I just don't get it.
Now, don't get me wrong, sometimes I need to step away from parenting 24-7 and take a breather. That's where grand-parents come in (& uncles)!!!
But, it's not an everyday thing. I don't speak for anyone other than myself. I enjoy being a parent--even when my child is acting like a psycho.
I like everything about being a mom--even the hard stuff.
So, when I get home from a LONG day of work and my kid wants to play cars, I play.
When he wants to watch a "super cool" movie and I have laundry to do, I watch a movie. It's not rocket science.

And, even if I don't want to, I know that I need to do things for myself occasionally. Just like last night, I went to a painting class with a friend. I had a glass of wine, painted a HALLOWEEN picture, and had some MOM conversation. It was wonderful. BUT, I missed my baby. It's a constant struggle.

I have a good balance in my life. I am OCD when it comes to cleaning but I am also OCD about being a good mom. Being a good mom will win every time.
I don't get much time with Canyon in the evenings, so I really try to make the most of it.

When Canyon gets older, I want him to look back and KNOW how much I loved him and how much I did for him as he was growing up. He deserves for me to come home and play with him EVEN IF I am exhausted. He deserves for me to be the best mom that I can be ALL THE TIME-which is exactly what I strive to do.
I look at my son and I see how precious he is-how precious it is to be able to be a parent. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to raise a child. Being a mom rocks! :)

Tomorrow should be interesting. Canyon has a soccer game but luckily, it's later in the day. So, tonight I am going to the grocery store--as I do WEEKLY.
Tomorrow morning, Canyon and I are COOKING. Finally. 
I can't wait. I have a few breakfast recipes to try out with him but I am letting him pick which one he wants to make. The kid has an opinion. ABOUT EVERYTHING. It's hilarious.





No comments:

Post a Comment