Email:

Please feel free to email me with any questions/ comments/ ideas that you may have @ bhutchinson401@gmail.com

[[Views]]

8.30.2011

Alphabet SHOW-N-TELL?

The letter "I" can bite me. I never realized how much I dislike it. Until...well, now.

Canyon started pre-school yesterday, which he LOVES, and the teacher gave me a daily schedule. This makes me HAPPY because I am OCD and I like to know what my child is doing all day.

So, on Friday's, they have show-n tell, and they have to bring something that starts with whatever letter they are learning that week.

Well, wouldn't you know it...the first week...we are learning the letter "I." Now, I don't know about you, but I don't really have a ton of fun SHOW-N-TELL items that start with the letter "I." I'm still confused about why we are starting with "I" anyway. Why can't we start with "A" the first week? I have tons of crap that starts with that letter....and isn't it the first letter of the alphabet? Hmm...strange.

 I guess it's time to get creative. HA! Mommy-mode.

Now, yesterday, I read a very interesting article on Parenting.com about children and their sleeping patterns.

Canyon has been on a very strict schedule since he was a baby. Until about a year ago, things were ROUTINE, ROUTINE, ROUTINE and my life was wonderful. :)

I am NOT someone that likes to just "wing it." I'm just not. I like to grocery shop for the WEEK...plan my meals. I like to do my laundry on the weekend, so we all have clean clothes for the WEEK. I like to make sure everything is in order for the WEEK. I don't like when things are out of my control. That's something I have seriously had to work on lately.

I've tried being more lenient with his schedule due to our current situation and how chaotic our life has been.

But, guess what?

ROUTINE for my little family is back in business. Starting, yesterday. And, guess what? I couldn't be happier.

All in all, the article says that, wait for it....ROUTINE is best for kids. :)  <--happy face!
So, I created an evening schedule for Canyon--that will happen EVERY night (except weekends).

I don't think I am being crazy. This is the norm for us.

So, here's how this is going to go down:

5:30-6:30: Dinner
6:30-7:00: Bath/Brush Teeth/ Potty
7:00-7:30: Tv/ Snuggle Time With Mommy & Daddy
7:30-8:00: Books!!!
8:00-8:30: BED!!!

Last night, it worked like a charm. By 8:10 PM, Canyon was snoozing. :)

Being a mom is the most important job I have. I have to make sure I do that job the absolute BEST that I can. Canyon is my #1 priority. It’s not fun for me to miss out on certain things, but if I can create a schedule that allows me to spend time with my son in the evenings AND it be better for him, I plan to do just that.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment